Dredging quarries, lakes, settlement ponds/lagoons, rivers and other bodies of water for the purpose of de-silting is a common practice, but is it the best?
Dredging is a time-consuming, expensive and enviromentally unfriendly activity. The traditional desilting process consists of the removal of silt in small quantities at a time, and the silt removed is difficult to contain.
Silt removed, using traditional dredging methods, has to be taken from the site by trucks, this adds to the time that a single job will take, and as a result, the cost of dredging your lake, settlement pond/lagoon, quarry or river.
With all these disadvantages, Jex Plant, has developed a unique, cost effective and environmentally friendly system for desilting your lakes, lagoons or rivers.
Pump it, Pipe it, Place it.
By pumping the silt from your body of water, rather than dredging, we can de-silt more quickly, with much less disturbance of the environment and (Subject to a chemical survey) the silt may be recycled to form high nutrition top-soil on your land.
At Jex Plant, we have the expertise, experience and equipment to help you save upto 60% of the cost of traditional dredge and dump methods.
Call Peter on 01553 672310 or 07768 234336 to discuss your de-silting needs.
- Low environmental footprint
- A much cleaner method
- Minimum disturbance of ground
- No dumpers needed
- Minimum amount of equipment and manpower
- Up to 180 cubic meters an hour
- Customised pumping solutions to fit all projects, large or small
- A great saving when compared to a dig and dump
- Minimum restoration costs involved
- Can be contained in a storage area
- Can be levelled on existing ground
- Can recycle slurry to top-soil
- 100% recovery, no waste (Subject to chemical survey)